- Steve Braunius– Director of Instructional Technology for Zeeland Public Schools introduction. (0:45)
- Tony DiLaura– Instructional Technology Coach ZPS (1:13)
Purpose of the Digital School Bus podcast series (1:50)
- Share the ZPS story
- Where does technology fit in learning
- In what ways is technology transforming the learning environment
Who will benefit from listening to this series? (3:40)
- Private, public, homeschool educators and learners
- Anyone who is wondering how technology is changing the landscape of education
- Anyone who wants to learn through the use of technology
In the Beginning… the start of the ZPS story (6:40)
- Exploring personal technologies at ZPS- the Palm Pilot pilot.
- Forming of the Technology Planning and Implementation Team (TPIT).
- The work of the TPIT team, the questions we asked, the devices we researched.
Laying the foundation- What were the critical pieces to this initiative? (11:55)
- Supportive superintendent.
- Technology Plan
- Forming the TPIT team- looked at the big ideas behind this movement.
- Sharing the big picture with the community
- Developing the P’s–
- Paths- the infrastructure necessary to support the technology
- Presentation- upgrading the presentation tools
- Participation- the individual device selected for students
- Preparation- supporting staff and students through PD
Teaching in a 1:1 iPad world (21: 45)
- Mistakes we make while integrating technology
- Changes the role of the teacher- working in community
- District opens up position for stronger 1:1 coaching for teachers
What’s coming up in future episodes (25:00)
- Sharing more in depth the P’s of a successful 1:1 initiative
- Our next part of our journey- what are our goals?
- How are we using this access well to support kids and innovate education?
- To what instructional strategies does technology lend itself?
- What does a classroom look like now?
- Is this really working? Where is technology making a difference?